Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The INNERview

During my June trip to Korea, I was invited to be the subject of “The INNERview” on Arirang TV. The hour-long program, #71, aired the week of July 8.  It can be viewed on YouTube here.

Arirang TV (livestream here) broadcasts 24/7 news, culture and all things Korean, in English, for overseas Koreans and the English language community in South Korea. The INNERview includes a wide range of interesting subjects - Koreans, Korean Americans, and a few foreigners like me who've made deep connections with Korea.

Here are a few behind-the-scenes pictures of the taping:


Kim Cha Ryung - or "Paige" - my liaison with Arirang TV, with my friend Yoo Myung Ja, who made the connection for me.













 

Host Susan Lee MacDonald, makeup artist, cameraman and producer reacting to my book,
The Legend of Hong Kil Dong.


The shoot, in a traditional house at Nam-San-Gol Han-ok folk village in downtown Seoul






Umbrellas over the cameras during a rain shower.









The entire experience was an honor and a delight and I'm very pleased with the program that Arirang produced.

No comments: